Everyone’s telling us that these are unprecedented times. And to some extent, maybe they are and… maybe they’re not.
As a human race we’ve seen plagues and pandemics throughout the ages, the Spanish flu, the bubonic plague…we can go all the way back to the biblical plagues.
Through all of these, one thing that remains true is that we’ve come back from every one. As a human race, we’ve become more resilient than before.
But this isn’t true for every person, or every business.
You might’ve heard the concept, “adversity breeds innovation,” which is only half true. Yes, adversity can certainly breed innovation. We’re witnessing this every day with the new and adapted services emerging from local and global companies.
Quick shout out to a couple of local businesses:
Sahm’s, known locally for their fantastic restaurants have pivoted to offering grocery pick up and Hotel Tango along with other local distilleries now producing hand sanitizers. Thanks for stepping up and out to meet our community needs!
Adversity can also breed stagnation.
Some businesses that aren’t able to quickly adapt and pivot. And sadly, they’re most likely the folks we won’t see on the other side of this pandemic.
How do you avoid becoming stagnant?
Well, these unprecedented times has brought with it, a lot of change and new challenges… and if you’re of our mindset, challenges are opportunities for growth.
Here’s the questions to ask yourself:
- What are you doing right now to understand the new needs of the people you serve?
- What are you doing right now, to understand the daily challenges of your customer’s, clients, and team members?
- Are you pivoting to respond to new needs and new lifestyles? Or are you struggling to keep the status quo?
If you’re struggling, you’re not alone.
We’re all in this together, as a human race. So, here’s our tips to help you pivot and stay innovative:
- Connect with your people consistently, your team members, your customersFind out what challenges they’re facing today and what they’re really worried about.
- Tap into your inner creative and start connecting your key skills and expertise to discover how you can adapt to your team member’s and your customer’s new, emerging needs.
- Respond by rolling out new services or systems to meet the needs that are most important to your people.
As a business improvement partner, our mission is to help as many companies as we can to weather this storm and make it out more resilient on the other side.
Stick with us!
In the up coming weeks, we’ll be releasing new tools and tips to help you leverage collaboration and creativity as your super powers for over coming stagnation.
We can’t wait to see who you will be on the other side of this!
If you enjoyed this video, be sure to sign up as a Collabo Insider so you’ll be in the loop with all of the fresh stuff we release every week.
Also, leave us a comment if you found this clip helpful or if you have tips of your own that you’d like to share. We’re always on the look out for fresh ideas from all you geniuses out there!
Thanks for watching. And remember, the only way to design a better world is together.
So, let’s design better together.
Are you a Collabo Insider?
If you’re looking to improve collaboration and creativity in your life and business, join the Collabo Insiders list so you’ll be in the loop with our freshest content every week.